Pagina's

zaterdag 5 november 2011

A colorful challenge

There's a new challenge on the Passion for Papertrey blog. This time they came up with a colorful challenge using this colorscheme...

I was immediately inspired since I've seen this wonderful Christmas Poinsettia over at Nichole's blog.
So when my new stash arrived thursday afternoon I started digging in my box searching for the package with the stamp set which included the dies. (Don't you love the way the PTI goodies come in? Every stamp set in a piece of paper and one package has all the dies... And the way the buttons are on top, smiling at you and scream: grab me, grab me!!)

I die cut 2 large flowers and 2 medium ones out of Mellon Berry felt and 2 leaves out of Simply Chartreuse felt and stitched them like Nichole did.
Since I like it quick and easy I punched a small hole with my Crop-a-dile and stuck them together with a brad. On top is a Simply Chartreuse button.


Then I cut a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock and I used my Music Sheet impression plate with an Angled Label die to create the embossed card front. The sentiment is stamped in Stazon Timber Brown and is from the new Christmas Poinsettia stamp set.
Finally I adhered the front on a card of Dark Brown cardstock.


Thank you ladies for the challenge and the inspiration!

Materials: (all Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Dark Brown
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown
Stamp: Christmas Poinsettia
Other: Music Sheet impression plate, Angled Label die, Mellon Berry felt, Simply Chartreuse felt, Simply Chartreuse button, Making Memories brad, Marvy corner punch, sewing machine, embroidery floss

7 opmerkingen:

Aimes zei

What a beautiful card! I adore that peach poinsettia!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Caryn zei

Amazing, the felt flower is such a striking focal point!
Thanks for joining us at APassion For Papertrey.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Joyce zei

This is so beautiful. I love that flower, and your technique of embossing.

Crafty Kate zei

Love love love the stiching on the flower! Gorgeous!

Imke zei

This is so beautiful and i LOVE the felt poinsetta. It´s really pretty in these colors and your stitching is great. I really hope the Die is back in stock soon. Greetings from Germany.

Anoniem zei

Our site kikicks.com offer brand items nike, LV,coach, Gucci,puma... with price $30-$60, take paypal and credit card and 7days delivered.More vider info. on kikicks.blogspot.com

David James zei

Beautiful
YouTube video marketing services